Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 1 Standard Process Purification

Day 1

Supplements: SP Cleanse- 7 capsules 3x/day, SP Complete- 2 scopes, Whole Food Fiber- 1 Tablespoon

Morning supplements: Not loving the SP Cleanse capsules. I only got 6 down since I had just eaten most of my smoothie. You can still taste whatever they are made of in your mouth and I have had a weak morning stomach since I was a child. I will try and take all seven later in the day.
Afternoon supplements: All 7 went down with no problems.
Evening supplements: No problems.

Water: 64+ oz recommended- As of 4 pm I have consumed 80 oz. And I thought this would be hard :-)

Menu:
Breakfast: Triple Delight Smoothie- Standard Process recipe with modifications
  • ½ cup fresh pineapple
  • chunks
  • ½ banana
  • ½ cup frozen peaches
  • 2 rounded Tbs. of SP Complete
  • 1 T Whole Food Fiber
  • Ice cubes or cold water
  • 100% pure pineapple concentrate

My doctor suggested I add some fruit juice to my smoothie as well to help mask the taste of the protein. He said to find a concentrate that is 100% juice. I'm not sure how much of the pineapple concentrate I used, I just poured some in. I could definitely taste the banana and the protein. Not a bad taste, not a good taste. I was not however able to finish the entire thing. I will finish later.

Snack: As a mid morning snack I finished the remainder of my smoothie. Tomorrow I will only eat half for breakfast so I can take all seven cleanse pills then have the remaining for a mid morning snack.

Lunch:

Salad
  • lettuce
  • spinach
  • cucumber
  • avocado
  • carrots
  • radish

Salad Dressing Dr. Narson Recipe

  • 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • few capers or olives
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • cayenne pepper for taste
  • 1/2 t deli mustard
  • 8-10 frozen dark grapes

Mix well in blender

Snack: Apple and carrots

Dinner:

Salsa
  • 1/4 avocado
  • onion
  • tomato
  • jalapeno
Spinach Lentil Soup Allrecipes.com Modifications made to fit SPPP

  • 1 cup Shredded Carrots
  • 1 Large onion
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 6 cups water
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • spices to taste (garlic, cumin, chili powder)
  • 1 1/4 cups lentils, rinsed
  • 1- 10 oz package fresh spinach, torn

Saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add water, tomatoes, lentils and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until spinach wilted.

What am I feeling:
I admit I was really scared to start today. In my research, I had found that some people have really upset stomachs on day one because of the cleanse pills and some even vomit. I HATE vomiting. But that did not happen to me and I am not dreading tomorrow.

4 pm: I do feel like I need more to eat. That feeling of when I want to find some cheese and crackers or a hamburger :-) I will not give in!

9pm: Well my day is done. I filled a void tonight by making sweet potato chips. I just thinly sliced, added some olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and baked in the oven until tender or crisp. SPPP suggest only 1/2 a sweet potato a day and that is all I had but it filled the void I felt for bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment