Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 4 Standard Process Purification

Day 4

Supplements: SP Cleanse- 7 capsules 3x/day, SP Complete- 2 scopes, Whole Food Fiber- 1 Tablespoon

Water: 60 ounces

Menu
:
Breakfast: My smoothie mix and about 1 cup of additional fruit
  • 1 cup frozen fruit (pineapple, peaches, strawberry, mango)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 rounded Tbs. of SP Complete
  • 1 T Whole Food Fiber
  • pineapple juice
Lunch:

Leftover lentil soup
1 cup mashed cauliflower
1 banana

Snack: none

Dinner:

1/2 cup brown rice
salad - lettuce, spinach, broccoli sprouts, 1 inch cube of avocado mashed, a few black olives with dressing (recipe on day 1)
Beaker's Vegetable Barley Soup Allrecipes.com Some modifications made to fit SPPP.
-I did not care for this soup with my modifications and will not make again.

Ingredients

  • 1 quart vegetable broth
  • 1 quart home canned tomato juice
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice
  • 2 large carrots, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pour the vegetable broth/juice into a large pot. Add the rice, carrots, celery, onion, and bay leaves. Season with garlic powder, sugar, salt, pepper, parsley, curry powder, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 90 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.

Snack: 1 stalk of celery, second smoothie

What am I feeling:
I woke up feeling AWESOME! I am starting to see the energy results others have talked about. Strange how that one night made the difference.

Today was difficult because I had meetings all day (from breakfast until late afternoon) out of town. I put the soup in the crockpot this morning to have supper ready when I would drag myself in (which didn't happen, I was still energized!). I drank my smoothie during the hour drive. When I arrived at the conference area there was a breakfast before the meetings began. I passed up all the bagels and pastries and chose to have a bit more fruit and a bottle of water. I packed my lunch and was happy to have that instead of the roasted pork, chili, chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, pasta salad, coleslaw and sugary desserts! I could NOT believe all the starchyness! I truly enjoyed my lunch.

I struggled getting all my water in due to not wanting to run to the bathroom every 10 seconds during the meetings. I was the only one who visited the bathroom in between every meeting. :-)

I have to say I am not disappointed with the food I am eating. I have had such a variety and it is very filling. I have had to eat the sweet potatoes, lentils and rice every day because those help me feel satisfied and I think help me keep from having bread/carb withdraw. I have not seen any weight loss and I have done some further research. I am consuming too many lentils and rice. SPPP website says "1-2 servings of lentils or 1 serving of wild or brown rice per day". BIG OOPS!! I will cut back but it will be hard! I know it is only day 4 so I may just be too anxious about the weight but I need to keep checking. I also haven't started working out but that will start tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment