Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 6 Standard Process Purification

Day 6....Day 6!!!

Well, today has been interesting. First, I weighed myself today and was down 5 lbs from day one. I've tried to understand how just a couple days ago I saw a pound gain to see a 5 lb drop today. I can only think that water has something to do with it. Even if there is a variation of 2 lbs, that still means 3 lbs and I will take it!

If you have been reading, today is the day I was going to my grandmother's for my birthday lunch. What a day of learning!

I made my shake this morning as usual...note to self....do NOT brush your teeth before eating a fruit shake. Between the bad taste and the rush to make it to church, I did not finish the shake and drank it after I got home.

I realized at noon I had forgotten to take my morning SP Cleanse supplements and did not have them with me. So upon returning to my home tonight at 7:30pm, I haven't taken any. I will take 7 and start over in the morning.

My water intake has STUNK!!! I drank about 20 ounces at lunch and haven't had anymore. I will drink more tonight but if I drink too much I will be waking up a lot during the night.

Menu: Here is the menu.

Lunch: 3 oz chicken breast (pan fried), 1 1/2 cup broccoli/ cauliflower, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup cooked spinach, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes, 1/4 cup beef-n-noodles, tossed salad with french dressing, strawberry shortcake

Snack: fresh veggies (carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, radishes celery)

Dinner:
1 cup broccoli and cauliflower
strawberry shortcake :-)

What am I feeling:
B.L.O.A.T.E.D. This is one more educational moment for me. I have been feeling better and I know it is because of eating non-stop veggies. But now that I have stepped back into a meal that wasn't even as bad as I had been eating, I am seeing how my body responds to food and how important it is to fill my body with food that is natural and nutritious.

In my attempts to change my eating habits in the past, I have felt discouraged when I would have one day of eating bad and then throw in the towel. Since I planned today, I felt fine knowing that tomorrow I will start eating healthy again. I have my meals planned for the week and it is okay that I ate out of sorts today because, for the first time ever, I really understand tomorrow is another day! This is going to help me when the 21 days are over.

The other big thing I noticed was after I finished my meal, I didn't snack around while cleaning the kitchen. Every other Sunday, I eat a big meal, start cleaning up and snack on leftovers. Even after eating that food for lunch, I had no desire to have more 'bad stuff'. I believe this shows how my body has changed. Yay, little victories!

I am excited for this week of food because I found some awesome recipes thanks to the discovery of a new website! I will of course share those and let you know how they rank. I am still amazed at how excited I am for a vegetarianish diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment