Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 8 Standard Process Purification

Day 8

I had a pretty boring food day. Started taking the Green Food supplement and decided not to finish out the Cleanse pills.

Breakfast- The usual.
Lunch- Salad- no salad dressing
Snack- Apple
Dinner- Sweet Potato, 1/2 cup brown rice, cucumber, cauliflower
Snack- fresh pineapple, Emerald City Salad- without rice

In the words of Rachel Ray- yumm-o! I wasn't sure how I would feel about this salad but I love it and can't wait to have it tomorrow (obviously since I had it for a snack) with some rice.

Emerald City Salad From: Dr. Cindy Blog

2 1/4 cups of water or stock

1tbsp butter (I used coconut oil to fit JB’s diet)

1tsp sea salt (I salted to taste)

1 cup wild rice

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup olive oil

1 minced garlic clove

1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb

1/2 diced red or yellow bell pepper

1/2 cup chopped red cabbage

1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley

2 cups finely chopped dark greens (I used Swiss chard)

Cook rice according to directions. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt in a large serving bowl. Add fennel, red pepper, cabbage, parsley and then the greens. Once rice is fully cooked, cool until it quits steaming but is still warm, and then spread like a blanket on top of the greens. When the rice cools to room temperature, toss rice, vegetables and dressing together. Taste the salad and adjust seasonings, some extra salt and/or lemon may be required.

What I am feeling:
In yesterday's post I talked about the dilemma with dinner. Well, I have such a caring husband who asked what I really wanted to do and I said I wasn't comfortable with going so he and his mother went for lunch. How sweet is that!

Now, for the unsweet part, they went to the store tonight and brought home two flavors of ice cream and a dozen fresh baked yeast donuts....ummm. They did, however, bring me a fresh pineapple! But the donuts come from a locally owned shop and I LOVE them. And to put salt on the wound, there is a meeting at work tomorrow and my job is to stop and pick up donuts!!! Oh, well. I will just have to be extra strong and remember my goals. I am feeling healthier, losing a little weight and looking forward to the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment