Sunday, February 6, 2011

Preparing for Purification

I am in the process of beginning the Standard Process Purification Program. Today is the day before the BIG one! I have scoured the internet to find information on the SPPP but have found few personal blogs that give an unbiased view. So, in hopes of helping someone else, I am going to do my best to post my experience each of the 21 days. I will share recipes I find and information I discover.

What is the SPPP? This is my understanding:

1. Supplements: You are given a regimen of supplements to aid in the detoxification as well as nutrition enhancement.

2. The No's: No grains (bread), sugar, caffeine, alcohol, nuts/seeds, dairy, meat (until day 11)or processed foods.

3. The Yes's: Lots of veggies and moderate amounts of fruit, lentils, brown rice and after day ten, wild fish and lean chicken (aka- white meat). They suggest eating as much organic as possible.

4. Water: Drink lots of it.

Why am I doing this? I have a list of things I hope to accomplish while on the SPPP.

1. E.N.E.R.G.Y. I have started feeling so sluggish and no matter how much I sleep, it is never enough.

2. Feeling sick - I went to my M.D. and after a battery of test, they could tell me nothing. I went to my Chiropractor and he was able to pinpoint many of my problems to my liver. Reading through the symptoms of a malfunctioning liver was like reading my medical diary. Big Boo! This picture is of me on a regular night after something causing some problems in my stomach. No, I am not pregnant! But I not longer fit into my clothes because my stomach is HUGE!!!!

3. Weight - Who wouldn't like to loose a few pounds? I know I need to loose more than I will in just 21 days but I am looking for this purification to put me on the right track.

Preparations:
I have literally spent two weeks hunting for recipes. I have compiled a 21 day meal plan as well as a shopping list. Next, knowing this would be more expensive than my normal grocery bill, I have compiled a pricing guide with a few of my local groceries. Unless I see something on sale, I will know where to find the best buys.

I also quit drinking caffeine a couple days ago. I have read where stopping the caffeine intake abruptly can cause horrible headaches!

Tonight I will be doing some grocery shopping. I would like to get a week's worth of food ready. Because I am starting on a Tuesday, it is a little harder than if I were to start on a Monday and have the weekend to prepare food. However, I am a little scared about this having heard about people who vomit on the first day and I need to start before I talk myself out of it.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment