Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 3 Standard Process Purification Process

Day 3

Supplements: SP Cleanse- 7 capsules 3x/day, SP Complete- 2 scopes, Whole Food Fiber- 1 Tablespoon

Water: 80 ounces

Menu
:
Breakfast: I have quit using the recipes from SPPP and this is what I am doing:
  • 1 cup frozen fruit (pineapple, peaches, strawberry, mango)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 rounded Tbs. of SP Complete
  • 1 T Whole Food Fiber
  • pineapple juice
Lunch:

Steamed kale and tomato
1/2 Brown rice with little bit of butter and sea salt
Veggies
  • cucumber
  • carrot
  • avocado

Snack: orange

Dinner:

Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup Allrecipes.com Some modifications made to fit SPPP.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red lentils
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 4 cups vegetable broth

  1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Place the chopped sweet potatoes, carrots, apple, and onion in the pot. Stir and cook the apples and vegetables until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
  2. Stir the lentils, ginger, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and vegetable broth into the pot with the apple and vegetable mixture. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the lentils and vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
Snack: A second smoothie

What am I feeling:
I am feeling tired today. I haven't had the dreaded day 3 headache I have heard about but I do feel extra tired. I even laid down for a micro-nap. You know how it is with kids! Other than the fatigue I feel just fine.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading your blog in preparation for doing the SPPP starting this Friday and I notice that you use butter in your recipes. I thought butter wasn't allowed?

    ReplyDelete