Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 15-16 Standard Process Purification

Life is busy! Job, kids, husband, eating, exercise. My mind is full.

I keep forgetting to take my green food pills! Last night I started to go to bed and remembered so I took 5.

Food:
Like mushrooms? Like artichokes? I have a delish recipe for you! I ate this for dinner on day 15 and lunch on day 16. I think it was even better the second time around!

Mushroom and Artichoke Soup Allrecipes.com
I did not have to make any changes for meat but I did use veggie broth since I did not have any vegetable base (I don't even know what that is!) and I used all fresh mushrooms) I also recalculated it for 12 servings versus 50. My modifications are in blue.

This picture is the bottom of my bowl. This soup has a lot more substance to it but I had already eaten most of it when I remembered to take a picture.

Ingredients
  • 1 (14 ounce) can canned quartered artichoke hearts
  • 3 tablespoons and 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 3/4 pound thinly sliced shallots
  • 3/4 small red onions, chopped
  • 3/4 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon and 2-3/4 teaspoons rice vinegar
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 can vegetable broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1-1/2 portabella mushrooms
  • 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 3/4 pound carrots, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons capers
  • 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions
  1. Place artichokes in a food processor, slice thinly and set aside. It works well when using a 3 millimeter slicing disk.
  2. Using a extra-large stock pot saute onions, garlic and shallots in olive oil and set on low. Cook for 15 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and cook for approximately 3 minutes, in order for vinegar to evaporate.
  4. Stir in water, vegetable base, salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg, thyme and sliced artichokes and cook for 25 minutes.
  5. Add dried mushrooms along with the water they soaked in, fresh mushrooms and carrots. Let cook for 15 minutes.
  6. Stir in capers and parsley, season with salt and serve.
Protein:
I have added an extra shake to my diet and I have had a couple protein bars and added a handful of almonds a couple evenings. I am feeling better. So if you are doing this purification, heads up you may feel a big downturn for protein after a couple weeks.

The End:
I can't believe I only have five days left. I haven't done this without cheating but I have really changed a lot of habits and said no MANY times to things I wanted to eat. I just started reading the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst amazon.com. I will talk more about my plans for the future and how this book is helping me make those plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment