I keep forgetting to take my green food pills! Last night I started to go to bed and remembered so I took 5.
Like mushrooms? Like artichokes? I have a delish recipe for you! I ate this for dinner on day 15 and lunch on day 16. I think it was even better the second time around!
Mushroom and Artichoke Soup Allrecipes.com
I did not have to make any changes for meat but I did use veggie broth since I did not have any vegetable base (I don't even know what that is!) and I used all fresh mushrooms) I also recalculated it for 12 servings versus 50. My modifications are in blue.
This picture is the bottom of my bowl. This soup has a lot more substance to it but I had already eaten most of it when I remembered to take a picture.
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons and 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced shallots
- 3/4 small red onions, chopped
- 3/4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 2-3/4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 portabella mushrooms
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place artichokes in a food processor, slice thinly and set aside. It works well when using a 3 millimeter slicing disk.
- Using a extra-large stock pot saute onions, garlic and shallots in olive oil and set on low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and cook for approximately 3 minutes, in order for vinegar to evaporate.
- Stir in water, vegetable base, salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg, thyme and sliced artichokes and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add dried mushrooms along with the water they soaked in, fresh mushrooms and carrots. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in capers and parsley, season with salt and serve.
I have added an extra shake to my diet and I have had a couple protein bars and added a handful of almonds a couple evenings. I am feeling better. So if you are doing this purification, heads up you may feel a big downturn for protein after a couple weeks.
I can't believe I only have five days left. I haven't done this without cheating but I have really changed a lot of habits and said no MANY times to things I wanted to eat. I just started reading the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst amazon.com. I will talk more about my plans for the future and how this book is helping me make those plans.